Sunday, August 11, 2013

Let the Countdown Begin!

First of all, thank you all so very much for the prayers and thoughts. I got word that our YSA ward in Monterey fasted for us on fast-Sunday. They are just too awesome! I'm currently in the barracks over here in Hawaii at the moment, I've finally figured out where I belong after rushing around in circles. I probably won't get to live in a house until my Kite gets here (I'll still try!!), but I haven't been this happy overall being apart from my husband since... ever. Texas really drained a lot from me, emotionally and spiritually. I really thought I would never get out of Texas, and here I am. Yet not only did I make it out of Texas, I got my orders changed two hours before my plane left. My life is truly filled with miracles, not just the small ones, but the big ones too. It amazes me everyday that Heavenly Father deems me worthy of the many blessings he's bestowed upon me. Then I thought about it some more, and realized that these miracles and blessings only happen because of you guys. I know that none of it would have been able to happen without the love, and support of you all, our family and friends.

I was unpacking my things last night, and decided to pull out the bag of memories that I saved up from when Rusty and I were dating. It's funny because I really didn't think that we could get any closer than we already were at the time. I didn't think it would be possible for me to love him even more than I did back then. There's definitely something different about loving your boyfriend, and loving your husband.

It's not letting the other person go to bed upset because of a disagreement, and taking care of the problem right away, no matter how annoyed or tired you are. It's waking up wishing you could poke and prod your spouse to see how annoying you can be before they pay you any attention and get up for the day. It's being honest with each other about anything and everything, letting them know what's going on inside your head even though they don't "need" to know. It's setting aside friends and social activities to spend time together, even though you're not doing anything special in particular but staring at each other through a phone. It's encouraging each other to do better, and be better, always conscious that the other person's opinion matters. It's knowing that no matter what happens, the two of you have vowed to spend the rest of your lives together and being aware of what that means.

In twenty days, Kite and I will be sealed for time and eternity. If I had no idea what marriage could do to our love for each other, I can't even imagine what being sealed will be like. Where we are today, and what our future holds, none of it would have been possible without the love, support, and guidance of our family, friends, and God. Sincerely, from the bottom of my heart: thank you all so very much.

After our first weekend apart, I came home Sunday night to find this on my bed.



No comments:

Post a Comment