Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Day 16 of being apart from my husband.

Today was particularly hard for me. I think it's finally starting to sink in that it's going to be months, maybe even years until I get to be with my Kite. Being in this situation makes it so easy to be frustrated. Why did it have to happen this way? What lesson is being learned? How could we possibly benefit from this experience? What's the point? The thoughts that I've buried so deep down inside me, that I didn't even know existed until I started typing this post. But now that it's out, I won't let it bring me down.

I am a child of God,
Rich blessings are in store;
If I but learn to do his will
I'll live with him once more

Who am I to be sad and mopey when others have endured worse? How could I possibly be upset, when I'm married to the most loving man on Earth? I've been too blessed to question His will; nonetheless, I still miss you terribly, Kite.

1 comment:

  1. I love your thoughts and your courage! Words to another song came to me recently when I was experiencing some challenges and doubts:
    And should we mourn or think our lot is hard?
    Tis not so, all is right!
    Why should we think to earn a great reward,
    if we now shun the fight?
    Gird up your loins, fresh courage take,
    Our God will never us forsake.
    And soon we'll have this tale to tell,
    All is well! All is well!
    I know you will both be able to do this and will be stronger because of your faith, determination, and devotion! Love you :)

    ReplyDelete